The YOC encourages members to enter the annual photographic competition which takes place at the December meeting. All standards are welcome as the aim of the evening is to share the photographs and have fun. The competition is for still digital format images but these can be taken with any equipment from DSLR to phones, digiscoping to compacts, and even videograbs.
There are three categories:
- Birds photographed in the UK (excluding the YOC recording area)
- Birds photographed in the rest of the World
- Wildlife and/or landscapes photographed in the York Recording Area
- Only members of the club may enter the competition.
- Each member of the club may submit up to 5 images in each category (i.e. a maximum of 15 images).
- Images must have been taken in the previous 12 months, running from November to November, e.g. Nov 17 to Nov 18.
- No nest photography is permitted.
- If possible images should be re-sized to 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Images held on a memory stick or CD should be handed in to Tom Lawson by the end of the November indoor meeting.
- Please put the name of the bird in the photograph’s file name but not your own name; for example, ‘American Kestrel.jpg’.