Data Protection Policy
YORK ORNITHOLOGICAL CLUB
DATA PROTECTION POLICY FOR DATA STORAGE AND HANDLING
The YOC is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of your personal data. This statement sets out how the YOC uses and stores your data, who has access to it and how you can request removal of, or amendment to, such data.
1. Personal details (name, address, email and/or telephone number) are held to enable the YOC to manage its membership, including contacting you about your annual subscription, compiling and sending out the YOC Report and keeping you informed about events organised by the YOC.
2. Your details will only be made available to members of the Committee that need them in order to fulfil their roles in administering membership and checking of records (Secretary, Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Administrator of YorkBirding GoogleGroup, Recorder and the Editor of the Annual Report).
3. Your contact details will never be passed to a third party without your express permission – this includes other members of the YOC.
4. Personal details held on computer will be stored securely in password protected documents.
5. You can contact the Membership Secretary at any time to view and amend the information we hold or to request that your contact details are removed.
6. Contact details submitted through the forms on the website will be used for the purpose detailed only – e.g. your address will be required if you purchase an annual Report or other YOC publication and want it posted out to you.
7. If you ask to be signed up to YorkBirding Googlegroup your email address will be held by the Administrator. Should you wish to unsubscribe from this group you may do so at any time by contacting the Administrator.
8. Records submitted using the YOC Spreadsheet are collated onto a master spreadsheet each recording year and observer names appear next to these records, but no further contact details are be held on the master spreadsheet. However, the Recorder may wish to clarify sightings in which case observer contact details are passed to the Recorder (as covered in point 2).
9. If you have submitted records to the YOC, your name will be included in the list of contributors to the annual Report unless you specifically request that your records remain anonymous.